Originally Posted by RWH1986
One of my angels has been laying on its side so I may suspect that the brief encounter with the high ammonia may have poisoned him? I retested 2 hours after the water change and it dropped back to 0. Would I be out of line to go to the LFS
where I bought the water pre mixed and asked them to test it?
Nope, just realize if it's the salt mix there isn't much they can do about it. I would take my test kit, buy a gallon and test it myself right there in front of them, and if it were positive, I would ask to test the FW
they use to make it.
Edited to remove the last sentence, had my threads confused. Also I think a couple of hours of .25 ppm
ammonia shouldn't have that dramatic an effect on your angel, but it is possible, and if nothing else was amiss, is most likely the cause.
How big was the pwc