Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

ammonia remover

Hi I bought a aqua clear filter insert for my hob overflow to cut on noise I was reading the instructions and it says it's for freashwater only does that mean I wasted my money ? And what harm can it do?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't believe it will do any harm, but it will not absorb ammonia in saltwater either. In fact, if it had already absorbed some ammonia, the saltwater would make it release it.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutrag
I don't believe it will do any harm, but it will not absorb ammonia in saltwater either. In fact, if it had already absorbed some ammonia, the saltwater would make it release it.
Ok thanks I ended up finding a very thin sponge and placed it over the inlet and it's much queiter now so I'm going to use the ammonia remover on my freashwater tank instead

Tags
ammonia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com