Ammonia spike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's this ammonia spike that I am hearing of I just started up a tank and they told me every tank has a ammonia spike. How long does it take for this spike to happen and when it's done can I throw any fish in my tank after this? Doesthis mean my tank has fully cycled? And does the product called "prime" cure the ammonia and set all the levels back down?

First off using chemical reagents to lower your parameters will basically force your tank to rely on more reagents, or a spike later on.
It takes different tanks different lengths of time to get to the spike, and just because you had get it doesnt mean your cycle is finished. When ammonia, nitrite and nitrate all read zero the day after dosing its cycled.

kurtyboh

From what I understand. Prime doesn't lower your levels it makes them less toxic to your fish. If you just started. See if you can possibly bring back damsels and go fishless. It will save you a lot of headaches with frequent water changes

Fishless cycle how can you do that I ran my tank without any fish for a week and another week with fish

totally not related but what app are you using to post from your phone with?

hackteck said:
totally not related but what app are you using to post from your phone with?

I have an android based phone. Got to the market and search aquarium advisor. Best app ever (although its been crashing lately :().

Sent from my Epic 4G

oh nice i have an adroid phone too i will download it thanks

I have an android phone and if you go to the website on your phone it pops up saying the website has an app and it takes you right to the market

Yeah that's all I use anymore. It is like an addiction. And now you can carry it with you. Lol

Back
Top Bottom