Ammonia Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i just recently added some dry live rock in my aquarium and i think i added to much at once. My ammonia has gone up nothing outrageous its at about .25-.50, im pretty sure that's why its gone up cuz i added to much rock at once. I have a 12 gallons and have done one 2 gallon water change since it happen just checked and its still the same. What do i do to get rid of the ammonia, keep up on my water changes and anything else. All i have in there is 2 nail and 3 hermits, no fish due to damsels fighting so they got the boot. Please help me out and let me know.

THANKS

It`s not that you added too much rock but that it had too much stuff on it that contributed to the die off that raised the ammonia. If you have any Livestock in the tank you`ll need to do PWC`s to keep ammonia down so it wont kill them.

So just keep up on PWC's every couple of days and it should go down?

The PWC`s will dilute the ammonia and your nitrifying bacteria will multiply thus consuming more ammonia. Before you know it the bioload will match your bacteria.

Agreed with the above post. Just keep an eye on the ammonia level and do water changes when it rises to above 0. This will help the tank cycle through the die off. :)

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom