And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't know that! Thanks for the quick response. I think I seen a BRS YouTube video on making a top for a tank. Is this the same thing that you were telling me about?

TLTGF said:
Also, using glass or plexi tops, you will have added maintenance of constantly washing off the salt creep.

And on another note, how are you liking your LED's in comparison to the T5's?

BRS is exactly what I'm talking about. And honestly, there is no comparison. Well that's a lie. I think that t5's are a solid technology that will suffice at having a great looking tank and growing a great variety of corals. However, I really see LED's as better at everything a T5 can do: better color, higher intensity, lower watts, run cooler, 100% customizable, longer life, smaller package, sexy, and all around better growth of my corals.

Am I still convinced that I needed to pay $750 for the lights, heck no, but do I personally feel I made the right decision and I'm 100% satisfied... HECK YES!

Ok today one of the small heads of my torch coral detached from the skeleton. It was doing fine and then it was just hanging on. After awhile it was just floating around the sand. Why do you guys think that this would happen?

jjamontan said:
Ok today one of the small heads of my torch coral detached from the skeleton. It was doing fine and then it was just hanging on. After awhile it was just floating around the sand. Why do you guys think that this would happen?

How are your water parameters? Anyone picking on it? Being stung by another coral? Endless possibilities unfortunately.

Tested and all was fine, this morning I found my emerald crab on top of my toadstool so I wonder if he was messing with it. The torch that came off was hanging out in the sand till a current picked him up and ended up in the powerhead.

Coco worm

ForumRunner_20120317_183755.jpg

Clam.
Trying my luck with these two. I also picked up a superman monti frag, some zoa's and another cleaner shrimp.

ForumRunner_20120317_183826.jpg

So everyday I am having to put a air tube into my hang on the back overflow box and suck out the air that has built up. I am about to add a auto top off. My problem is, if I install a auto top off and the level falls in the sump this will add fresh water and it is not needed than my salt will go to low. What do I do? I guess what I am telling you is that it looks like evaporation but what is happening is that the level in the DT is going up and the level in the return is going down. The top off is going to fill it.

Melves reef I believe has a section on overflows of that nature I would check that site first. It mentions how to check the u tube

Thank you reef. Tomorrow I am going to put some king into my tank. What do you all think I should get? I was thinking a BRS reactor for GFO and carbon. What do you think, get this and what else or is this a good investment?

I wA also thinking of getting a auto top off but I keep having a issue with my u tube collecting air and worried that this will effect my salt level.

A GFO, CARBON reactor are going to be ordered today. Is this a good idea or should I spend my money in another way?

This is my second try with a pink spot. The first one I added and don't think the tank was ready for it we never did find it.

Back
Top Bottom