And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I have now lost the kole tang and the royal grama. Now one of my clowns is full of white spots! I am going to empty my hospital tank and refill with DT water. After that I am going to call my LFS for advice. I don't know where to turn, I guess I will lose all of my fish one by one. I have not found any good information as to how I need to set up my hospital tank. Every place I see says just fill it up and put the fish in. I am lost help please!

I would take dt water so you limit the stress on the fish. They will be stressed as it is so any way to reduce it is good IMO.

jjamontan said:
So full the qt tank with my tank water? Do I add all fish or just the one that looks sick?

Might as well treat all at this point and let your dt sit empty

Tank water, hob filter, heater, maybe an air stone or spare power head, and some PVC pieces so they can hide. Do you have filter floss in your DT sump? If so- put a pice in the filter. Make sure you have a copper test and dose according to directions. Also make sure to read the instructions for the copper test well.

I have all of that. The filter floss that is in my tank is only about a week old don't know it that is enough time? When I asked you a few days ago the coppersafe instructions said to dose up to 1.0 and a book I was reading it said no more than .25. I guess I killed the fish but don't want to lose any more.

Play it safe then at .25. They will be in there for a little bit. Try cutting that filter floss in half so there's at least some bb in there and then let the old half stay in the sump until another week. Then add it to the qt as well

Ok so I have had water mixing for a few hours now I will let it mix for a little while more then set my trap. Wish me luck!.

I'm sorry man. Just keep your head up. If only two or three survive- then you know that they will only be stronger in the end! Don't give up

Yea a $40 fish trap was well worth the money. The three fish look just fine so far. I am thinking of just keeping an eye on them for now and not use any copper until I see signs of ich. Is this a bad idea?

TLTGF said:
Very nice! I love my pink spot!

Does you pink spot sift sand all day long? Mine does and has made holes all over my sand with small piles everywhere else. I then got a little cyano growing on the sand. Do you think it is from the disruption of the sand. This is even with the gfo running.

Back
Top Bottom