And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that 180 is a great size the salt expense for a 300 would be quite high. I also have the perfect spot for a 180 to view from both sides. And will not take up any room space in my house

jjamontan said:
I think that 180 is a great size the salt expense for a 300 would be quite high. I also have the perfect spot for a 180 to view from both sides. And will not take up any room space in my house

You would be amazed at the discounts in buying salt in bulk. Besides. It's only 30 gallons a week.

jjamontan said:
Yea I guess it wouldn't be all that bad a box every six weeks or so

One box every six weeks. Lol. That's 9 boxes a year. Average price is about 45-65 depending on areas with an average cost for the year of 450$ on salt. Probably a lot less than most of us pay in total for the electricity our tanks use up.

technically speaking yes longer is better. But from some reading i have done i found out the longest time ick has survived without a host is over 90 days. thats 13 weeks. so even if you do wait the full 8 weeks there is a slim chance of it surviving. For me its coming to a point where my fish are not comfortable and not doing great in the smaller qt tank and i have to weight the options of leaving them of moving them back and see what is worse.

Did any of you try to raise the temperature in the DT to speed up the life cycle of the ich? A few degrees over 5 weeks would have helped. I recommend 6 weeks minimum. Your fish will be more stressed when they are going through this same process a month down the road because you did not have patience the first time around.

I'll agree that it's not as sensitive. What about hyposalinity? Just tossing some ideas out there...

Went thru hypo for 2 months with no luck before i went fallow Not sure about the op if he tried it or not .

So the fish are back in the tank. I am so happy to see them in there.now I need to find a new fish to put in the QT tank. The wife wants a big royal grama

My pink spot is driving me nuts with how he is destroying my sand bed. All day long he is sifting and making huge holes all over the sad bed. Isn't this disruption bad?

jjamontan said:
My pink spot is driving me nuts with how he is destroying my sand bed. All day long he is sifting and making huge holes all over the sad bed. Isn't this disruption bad?

Unless the sifted sand is getting on your coral you should be fine the fish is doing your tank a favor unless hes spitting sand all over coral

Back
Top Bottom