And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jjamontan said:
Placement for light is the issue
Can you clamp them to the Rim of your tank ?
I have my scubber screen in the sump and my lights hanging outside the glass. Kdpuffer i just don't see why you would want two scrubbers competeing with eachother. Do you have or know anyone who uses a dual scrubber setup

Well there is something called a one sided scrubber but it's not as efficient as the normal two sided. You can't do one on the front of the tank and one on the back longways

I had to cut a supporting brace to fit the sump. No room up top only to the left if on the right it would be under water

Ok between the back of the sump and the wall is there enough room for the light? Also how many inches is it from the top of your sump to the water level in it?

Hondatek said:
Ok between the back of the sump and the wall is there enough room for the light? Also how many inches is it from the top of your sump to the water level in it?

Ok there is about 8" from the wall. I guess t can get one on the back

I think that left corner is the place then . I got command stick on hooks and stuck them to the upper trim of the sump and have my lights clamped to them. I think that will be your best bet

No it has to be out of the water . Just get a small adjustable pump and plumb it up so the screen is in the top left corner of the sump but out of the water

Hondatek said:
Can you clamp them to the Rim of your tank ?
I have my scubber screen in the sump and my lights hanging outside the glass. Kdpuffer i just don't see why you would want two scrubbers competeing with eachother. Do you have or know anyone who uses a dual scrubber setup

No I don't know anyone doing a dual, I am going to try once I get a sump going. Like I said if you size them to be the same surface area as 1 large one there is no difference and they are not competing with eachother so long as the total surface area of the 2 is the same as the 1. For example 1 that is 5x5 has the same surface area as 2 that are 2.5x5 or perhaps 1 3x5 the other 2x5. If you over sized them to have a larger total surface area then yes it could lead to them battling between them but even then you can use it to an advantage when it comes to cleaning. Clean the more heavily covered one and that would allow the other one to to pic up the slack then clean that one. You would reduce the risks of small increases in the nutrients in the water. The reason I would do 2 is for the cleaning, clean one one week then the other the following it's the same principle as cleaning one side of a big one without the risk of loosing the algae on the other side. Another benefit of doing 2 would be if there is limited space then you could place one on either side of a reactor or baffle or whatever else might be in the way.

I see your point on the size issue but unless both screens have the exact same flow rate the exact same lighting and lighting distance from the screen they will be competing with eachother . As far as the cleaning I do both sideds every week and even If I take it down the the screen after a day or two it's all grown back. So we will have to agree to disagree for now lol but I will follow your thread once you give it a try to see what kind of results you get. I don't want to get off topic on the ops thread so when you get yours going pm me once things start growing.

It's about 4" I wanted to get one half of its size but the wife didn't let me. I guess I will still get to see it grow and change patterns.

When I was at the LFS they had two baby one spot fox face for $21 each and I am tempted to go back today and get one they were about an inch long. They are just to cool, should I go and get one? Only worries I've got is that they may nip at corals.

I got a fox face LO a few weeks ago and it's awesome so I say do it. Mine leaves coral alone just make sure you have algae for it to graze on (or nori) and feed it well. I personally feed nls, and spirulina brine shrimp and leave some nori on a veggie clip. I just had to pick up the nori cause the fox face decimated my algae, and fast too which is amazing cause I has loads.

I didn't go and get the foxface I will check and see if the store has them on Monday if not than I guess it was just not ment to be. What thread did they just get an engineer goby? Does anyone know? I was feeding about it and now can't find it.

jjamontan said:
I didn't go and get the foxface I will check and see if the store has them on Monday if not than I guess it was just not ment to be. What thread did they just get an engineer goby? Does anyone know? I was feeding about it and now can't find it.

Mini and gboy

Back
Top Bottom