And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking it was that thread but when I looked at the date of when it was closed it just seemed to far back. Time sure does fly. NU NU, how is he doing? Has he tumbled any of your rocks? They sure do dig a lot.

jjamontan said:
I was thinking it was that thread but when I looked at the date of when it was closed it just seemed to far back. Time sure does fly. NU NU, how is he doing? Has he tumbled any of your rocks? They sure do dig a lot.

Mine dig a lot. But my rocks were placed before adding sand.

jjamontan said:

Haha my rock structure really isnt that sturdy, and he hasent knocked down anything! He has made a few mountains of sand, and buried a few corals in the beginning, but other then that he is awesome :) mine is a bit more agressive then the normal i think because we bought him as an adult. If you raise him from a baby i think they are more calm and confortable. He also likes to haze the newcomers for a few days. He really did think our flame hawk fish was a big tomato and chased him for a bit, but got tired quickly, not everything is great! :)

So went home for lunch and the wife made me call the LFS to see if they still had the baby one spot foxface. They had one left so she is on her way to pick it up for me. Wonder if it will be ok to place it in the sump till I get off of work in 5 hours to drip acclimate it? Still in the bag of course

I would give her a crash course on drip acclimation. 5 hours in a bag is a long time. Even if she got it into a bucket and poured some of your tank water in to acclimate would be better. I wanna see pics.

She called that he didn't look good so I ran home and got the drip going for her then came back to work. Good thing I only live 2 miles away. She will be putting it in the tank. He is very stressed just about all black. So hope all is ok with him. I will get a picture tomorrow as the moon lights will be the only ones on when I get home. But he is so cool smaller than my clowns.

How small? My fox face was pretty timid at first but I spend alot of time infront of my tank so he got to know me fast and it was only a few days before he didn't hide when I approach. Remember to watch those dorsal spines, once they get comfortable is the worst. Everytime you go near the tank they come to say hi which has almost got me stung a number of times reaching in to pick a fallen coral up or something similar. They say it can be a minor reaction similar to a bee sting but depending on the person it can be incredibly painful, personally I don't wanna find out. What did you guys name your fox face?

I named mine tod after the fox from the fox and the hound, same name and reason chosen by gboy and nunu for their fox face.

My 5 year old names all of the fish and changes them all of the time. I bet he will name him basketball players names and then it will change to a super hero name then he will get over it and we will be left with no name.

Hope you enjoy it, I love my fox face they are awesome fish. Yours is so tiny, how long would you estimate it is?

Back
Top Bottom