And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how do I get the damsels out of my tank? I guess I will need to take all of the rock out to be able to catch them.

jjamontan said:
So how do I get the damsels out of my tank? I guess I will need to take all of the rock out to be able to catch them.

Yep! Move all the rock! There is no other way. I have tried. Lol. Trust me. They are just too quick. I've tried traps on them and even letting the net sit in over night (which has worked with other fish) but nothing. Had to move all my rock :(

jjamontan said:
You said to keep an eye on the color and it looks like it is fading. What can this mean?

As in it looks like it is bleaching out? Zoas are usually pretty hardy. What are you water parameters? How high are they in the tank? If it looks like its bleaching it might be getting too much light. Bleaching usually means too much and browning usually means too little. Try movin them to a different spot for a few days to see if they are happier. Usually with zoas I start in the middle with a med flow and adjust from there. Hope that helps

Ok I am going to move all of my rock out of the tank tomorrow and get the damsels out. I am excited to get fish that I want to see everyday!

A question for you all. I am about to pull out all of my rock so I can get out the three damsels I have. My question is will I start a cycle? Every time I move the rock my skimmer goes crazy and will overflow. Should I turn it off while I do this?

Just keep the rock submerged under water while you do it and you should be fine with no cycle. If the skimmer gives you grief, then yeah, I'd turn it off.

I want to put in good fish and don't want the damsels to mess with them. I think I will start with a pink spotted goby. Or a pair of black and white clowns.

Ok damsels are out! Water back in the tank as well as the rock. How long can I go without any fish in the tank? Should I get something today or can I wait a few days or a week.

Very sad day for the hobby today in the phoenix metro area. My favorite lfs (Pet Inc) is closing :( although everything is 50% off. I picked up the smallest six line wrasse they had as well as a pair of clowns. I also got two korilia 750 for $50. I think I got a good deal. I wasn't liking the water movement I was trying with the zoomed powersweep 228.

jjamontan said:
Very sad day for the hobby today in the phoenix metro area. My favorite lfs (Pet Inc) is closing :( although everything is 50% off. I picked up the smallest six line wrasse they had as well as a pair of clowns. I also got two korilia 750 for $50. I think I got a good deal. I wasn't liking the water movement I was trying with the zoomed powersweep 228.

Aw that is horrible :( i got my korolia 750 on amazon for 35, but its good to support the store

Back
Top Bottom