And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjamontan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today I am adding water and getting started. If you want to know what I am starting with just ask. I am very excited to talk and learn about what I can do and how I can do it.

My tank is 55 gallons I have a coralife 65 skimmer a fluval 405, a Marineland magnum 350 filter and two powersweep 228 power heads and a UV steralizer, 90,lb of sand and 50lb of base rock to start with. What do you think?

My tank is 55 gallons I have a coralife 65 skimmer a fluval 405, a Marineland magnum 350 filter and two powersweep 228 power heads and a UV steralizer, 90,lb of sand and 5lb of base rock to start with. What do you think?
I'm definitely not a veteran in this kind of thing but it sounds solid to me.
I am still trying to figure out WTH is going on with my wet/dry filtration system, haha.

I don't know anything about them. But I am sure that there is lots of people in this sight that know what you are going thru

Water mixed and in the tank. Power heads and heater on sand is in. Should have rock in the next two days than I can start my cycle.

Water has cleared already. I didn't fill up the tank so there is room for my rock as soon as it comes in. I still have 30lb of live sand but was thinking of waiting till I get the rock in and then start my cycle. Any thoughts?

ForumRunner_20111025_051300.jpg

UPS is scheduled to deliver my rock from reef cleaners by the end of the day tomorrow. Water is still milky, can I add the shrimp today? And the rock tomorrow after work.

I love reefcleaner rock, it's so porous and nice. :) make sure we get pictures once its in the tank. :)

I first put 50 lb of natures ocean substrate .0 and it was clear after 24 hours. I then added the 30lb of natures oceans live sand.

Ok, so it has been three days since added the last 30lb of sand and my water is not getting clear. What should I do? Change water or just give it a few more days?

Back
Top Bottom