and it continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok... ive been cycling my tank for 3 weeks now..... have about 7 lbs of LR (its a 10 gallon tank) and 11 lbs of aragonite for substrate ( 1 lb of that came from my established tank)

now since i started ive had a few problems.... if any of you saw the thread i tried to do the raw shrimp method... messed that up and put too much in and the tank went all cloudy and had a bunch of foam at the top...

so i added a carbon to my filter and stuck my cheap protien skimmer in it.... it has since cleared up .. and the seemin worm infestation that it had seems to have dissapeared...

but low and behold the ammonia in the system never goes down.... its been up and like 2.4 or higher and just doesnt go down? whats wrong? what can i do? no i did this with two separate test kits (tho they were the same brand) and they got the same reading.... my nitrites are 0.1... havent checked nitrates tho cuz i figured if the nh3 is that high im not gonna think of puttin any thing in it anyway....

any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom