Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I think the light timing between your fuge vs. the lighting of the main. Most folks (depending on the macro algae) will run their fuge lights 24x7 and the tank lights will be on their separate lighting schedule. Remember pH fluctuates, being lower after lights off and higher after lights on.

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

There may be a difference between a true fuge and the main, but not between the sump and the main. A true fuge has slow water movement through it. The lighting of the fuge on an opposite main tank schedule is supposed to even out the pH swings. Lighting it 24/7 will have no effect. When the main lights are on the pH will rise and when they are off it will fall.

However, I do have my pH probe in the main, hidden behind the rock.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
Well, got the rock in this AM, had to pick it up at the airport. The box was a bit heavy having 140lbs in it (I ordered 130). This gives me about 150lbs in the display, and the other 3 in rubble in the fuge..

Still a slight haze to the water from all the stirring. I moved the sand forward and placed the rock directly on the glass, then moved the sand back. I think I'll need another powerhead or 2..

120 Gal SW, 150lbs Prem. Fiji, 23Gal Sump, 2x250w 15K MH, 4x65w Actinic
3 x Halichoeres Chrysus (1 surfed), 3 x Nemateleotris magnifica, 1 x Centropyge bicolor, 11 x Scarlet Hermits, 6 x Zebra Hermits, 40 x Astrea Snails, 6 x Nassarius Snails, 3 x Cerith Snails
Wizzard~Of~Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com