Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #161
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For a small tank I like these

Hydor Koralia Nano/Slim-Skim Internal Protein Skimmer

Old 10-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #162
Aquarium Advice Addict

does it need an air pump plugged into it?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #163
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

nope, those are garbage in my opinion. But these two work juts like a full size skimmer, no airstones.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #164
Aquarium Advice Addict

the mods are cracking down!! hahaha thank you its really starting to come together. tuesday i am ordering the hydor slim skim for up to 65 gallons and going to get some more frags. I'm having a hard time deciding between a yellow watchman goby or a starry blenny. what do you think? here is a FTS from today

don't mind the water being an inch low, i didn't have enough salt to do a water change lol. i finished off the instant ocean and will be switching to reef crystals on my next water change. i have 670 gph of flow in there with two powerheads, should i add more?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I;d work with the flow you have and see how it goes. You may be just fine with the 670gph you have. You just want no dead spots is all.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #166
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would go with a starry blenny. They are an absolutely awesome fish.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Addict

i have the 500 gph powerhead pointing up and diagonal across the tank, so the whole front has no dead spots. i also have the 170 pointed in the back of the tank, towards the bottom. i don't have any dead spots, so we will see how the coral likes the flow. if its not enough i will swap the 500 for a 750. Mebbid do you have a lid on your tank? i know watchmans need a lid but not sure about the starry blenny
Old 10-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #168
Aquarium Advice Addict

got a steal on a nephthea tree! its already starting to open up which is great because i know they are more sensitive than kenya trees and take longer to acclimate to their new surroundings.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #169
Aquarium Advice Addict

does anyone have any experience with instant ocean seaclone skimmers? there is a sale on pet mountain for the seaclone 100 for 77 dollars. would a skimmer rated for 100 gallons be too overkill?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #170
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
does anyone have any experience with instant ocean seaclone skimmers? there is a sale on pet mountain for the seaclone 100 for 77 dollars. would a skimmer rated for 100 gallons be too overkill?
When I first started in 07 I had one was one off the worst buy I ever made did not skim good at all so I would say no way on it but it maybe good to someone else so let's see what the others say.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com