Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #191
Aquarium Advice Addict

got a new xenia frag!

mushroom is looking better. i am really digging how the xenia pulses and moves itselft. i will be getting the 75 gallon in a few days, once i have my basement cleaned up lol.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #192
Aquarium Advice Addict

and the flash brings out the diatoms lol but brings out the starfish colors

Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #193
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I love those little guys, so small and cute! They multiply so fast too and are absolutely no trouble at all so its all good to have a zillion of em. lol
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #194
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I love those little guys, so small and cute! They multiply so fast too and are absolutely no trouble at all so its all good to have a zillion of em. lol
I'm considering ordering some bioluminescent brittle stars, i found a site that has them for 24.99 for 3-4 inch ones. don't you think it would be nuts to just touch the starfish, and it starts glowing??? i will likely have the 75 g running in a week or so then it will be fish ready about 6 weeks after that. i am seriously considering what to put in the 75. i have a list of candidates but what would you do?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #195
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm do you have any fish so far for the 75g? So many posts i have lost sight of what you have already. lol
And this will be a reef in the 75g as well?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #196
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Hmm do you have any fish so far for the 75g? So many posts i have lost sight of what you have already. lol And this will be a reef in the 75g as well?
this will be a reef. i don't have any fish in the 75, that will be started in a few days. it is going to be a very complicated plan. my plans are to basically run them all together, with a 55 gallon sump and 20 long ato. its going to take me a night or two to draw out my plans but i have them all in my head all together it will be a 75 next to a 29 with a 55 sump under the 75 and the ato will go behind everything, so i might have to make one out if acrylic. there will also be a 3 gallon pico cylinder fueled to the whole system. in storage there is 2 ten gallon qt tanks and one 2 for the bigger. I'm going to draw up some plans and start deciding on equipment in the next couple days. it will be my first large project
Old 11-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #197
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

wow that sounds like a very ambitious plan! I barely kept it straight in my head reading it. lol

Are you thinking any large showpiece fish yet, like a tang, angel or something like that?
i would sytart thinking of stocking the tank from the biggest fish down. This way you wont end up overstocking, I should have done that with my 90g aggressive tank, now I am stuck pretty much with what I have already as I want a large fish now. Shoulda gotten it in the beginning and then added the others after that, makes more sense.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict

yes i am thinking of one big fish and the biggest will be a yellow eye kole tang and coral beauty angel. for the 29 i plan to keep the clown, add a banggai and pajama cardinal and a watchman goby with tiger pistol shrimp. for the 75 I'm thinking the yellow eye, coral beauty or flame angel, snowflake/starry blenny, a black and a regular snowflake ocellaris. as you can see i like a mixture of color and personalities in the tank if you have any comments or recommendations feel free..... i also realllllly want a mandarin, and with all the space for pods to breed, i think i could pull it off.......eventually
Old 11-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Youve got the blenny covered, how about a goby of some sort? I also love flamehawks, but some people have issues with them and inverts. I have a tank ful of snails, hermits and even a shrimp and my falco hawk is fine with them.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #200
Aquarium Advice Addict

what goby would you suggest for the 75? I'm already planning on a blue or pink spotted watchman in the 29. i want to make sure my stocking list will all work out together. and i want to be sure to eventually get a regular or green spotted mandarin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com