Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #211
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Feeding your corals CAN improve the look and health of them. But in my experience adding that stuff just fouls up my water and they can grow just fine without feeding. The only coral I fed with some regularity are my duncans, I shoot mysis and brine at the heads and they just close up and eat it, just like an anemone. Cool to watch, without a doubt.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #212
Aquarium Advice Addict

okay cool i will not be feeding them any phyto then. so I've got another question... i found a small blue mushroom starting to grow on the sand and its about the size of a piece of corn maybe a little smaller. i moved the mushroom frag, so should i let this grow a little more than move it by the rest?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

As long as he can get some light I would leave it be. It will most likely move at some point, thats what happens with mine. lol I've never had any luck glueing them or trying to get them to attach to a plug. So I just let mine roam free and now have mushrooms here and there in my tank.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #214
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool, it has enough light i will leave it be. here is a pic of it, nearly doubled in size since I've noticed it.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

can anyone id this? it looks like a snail, but has a clear little bush coming out of the opening. there are at least 50 of them all over my tank and i know for sure i am not over feeding.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #216
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's a spirorbid worm just a harmless filter feeder. They seem to feed on phytoplankton so large numbers of those are a good sign. I noticed a sharp decline in their numbers when I stopped supplementing my tank with daily phytoplankton doses.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #217
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
It's a spirorbid worm just a harmless filter feeder. They seem to feed on phytoplankton so large numbers of those are a good sign. I noticed a sharp decline in their numbers when I stopped supplementing my tank with daily phytoplankton doses.
awesome thanks mebbid! I've never fed phyto so i wonder why they showed up over the past few days. the only thing I've done done different, is add an HOB to put on the qt in a week or two when i get another fish
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #218
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

There is still phyto in your tank, just not large concentrations of it.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #219
Aquarium Advice Addict

from the live rock? i think i only added 8 lbs of premium live rock, but it was full of life. that was about two months ago maybe more.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com