Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
anem oni...

i jus added an anemoni... do i feed it? ... and how long will it take to my clownfsih to be with the anemoni??? does the area were i locate it in the tank matter??

thank you!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
I have no personal experiencem, however I have learned from other people that you should let the anenome find its own place. Just place it in the tank and it will find a place. Be careful with PH, as they can get caught

I believe you have to hand feed him on a stick or something about once a week. Not sure what to feed.

There is no way to know if your clowns will host with the anenome. Time will tell.

What kind of lighting do you have? How old is your tank?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
What kind of anemone?

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
He may not host your clowns but then maybe he will. I do not feed mine but there are others that do.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree with the others. Your clown may never move into the anemone, there is nothing you can do but wait and see.
I have multiple anemones, have had them for years and never feed them. I used to but find it unnecessary and sometimes causes more stress than it does good.
Location is gonna depend on the anemone and where it feels most comfortable. A newly introduced anemone may go into hiding for a few days, then wander for a few days finding the perfect flow and light to suit it's needs. It may end up in a spot that is totally out of view for you but moving it would only stress it and may compromise the health of the animal.
Be sure to keep your water quality good and be patient, and maybe you'll be rewarded. Good luck.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular
My Maroon clown fish will feed the bubble tip anemone on its own. On several occasions, I will see the Maroon bring food to it.

nycpassat is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com