anem oni...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

i jus added an anemoni... do i feed it? ... and how long will it take to my clownfsih to be with the anemoni??? does the area were i locate it in the tank matter??

thank you!

I have no personal experiencem, however I have learned from other people that you should let the anenome find its own place. Just place it in the tank and it will find a place. Be careful with PH, as they can get caught

I believe you have to hand feed him on a stick or something about once a week. Not sure what to feed.

There is no way to know if your clowns will host with the anenome. Time will tell.

What kind of lighting do you have? How old is your tank?

He may not host your clowns but then maybe he will. I do not feed mine but there are others that do.

I agree with the others. Your clown may never move into the anemone, there is nothing you can do but wait and see.
I have multiple anemones, have had them for years and never feed them. I used to but find it unnecessary and sometimes causes more stress than it does good.
Location is gonna depend on the anemone and where it feels most comfortable. A newly introduced anemone may go into hiding for a few days, then wander for a few days finding the perfect flow and light to suit it's needs. It may end up in a spot that is totally out of view for you but moving it would only stress it and may compromise the health of the animal.
Be sure to keep your water quality good and be patient, and maybe you'll be rewarded. Good luck. :)

My Maroon clown fish will feed the bubble tip anemone on its own. On several occasions, I will see the Maroon bring food to it.

Back
Top Bottom