Anemone ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this small anemone from a friend, that split from is big bubble tip. It seems like it is dying is this a normal look?

image-1260531770.jpg

That's one awfully deflated bta. What lights do you have and what are your water parameters?

I have a condy anemone that usually does that. Usually does that when it's excreting waste. I always see stuff coming out if it when he's that small.

That could def be the problem I would give him time and hopefully he will come around

I agree that the Nem should have been acclimated properly, and this could be part of the problem, but doesn't anyone else think that 86F is too high?

Do you have any fans? What is causing your heat? I simply run my small window AC unit to keep my temp down since it has been drastically hotter than normal this summer.

Sniperhank said:
Do you have any fans? What is causing your heat? I simply run my small window AC unit to keep my temp down since it has been drastically hotter than normal this summer.

My heat is caused by hot summer in Massachusetts

A fan blowing across the water's surface will help somewhat. Might bring it down a couple degrees. Even 83 would be much better than 86.
Hope it comes around for you, it's a beautiful anemone!

Yeah i would totally take one if given the opportunity. You have a good reefer buddy! Get him into the forums so we can see his tank.

Back on topic...yes, a fan will help. Any ac would solve it...but shoot as close to 82 as possible. Thats what i view as as hot as a tank should be.

I don't have an AC unit so I place a standing fan over tank temporary o reduce temp, then once temp is down to about 81/82 I will close hood. The current temp is 84.1

image-697186058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom