anemone dieing ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my bubble tip anemone has lost all of its tentacles it was hiding around the back and I spotted it when I was cleaning the tank, I thought it was dead / dieing so I brought it around to the front but within an hour its on the move again does anyone have any advise should I take it out or leave it in and will the tentacles grow back
My tank is 275 litres
High range pH 8.3
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

Thanks

missing 1 main information, how tall is your tank and what kind of lighting u using. I would not try to move the anemone at all. It look like it is trying top survive by moving to what it feels it has the best chance to survive ( sometimes its choice might not be right). This could easily cause by stress. How have you have the anemone? Did you have any changes recently?

The tank is 2 1/2 foot tall I have 4 t5 lights that run on a timer for 10 hours a day and a figi blue light on for 6 hours and the only thing new to my tank was another anemone and a stripped sweet lips
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom