Anemone or invertabrae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louie4979

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wanted an anemone or starfish but I'm not sure about my lights yet. I bought the tank used. I want to make it a reef tank eventually but am starting off with just fish. I bought a feather duster worm because the fish guy said it was hardy. Worm is doing great. Can anyone recommend a hardy starfish or anemone or something that will be easy for a beginner. Shrimp are out of the question because I have a hawkfish.

lighting aside, both starfish and anemones need a very stable tank. I'd don't think i'd add either until the tank has been set up for a bit.

Yeah anemones arent recommended to add until your tank is at least a yr. Starfish are very sensitive as well and waiting 6-9 months is recomended

you could add a serpent/brittle star. they are quite hardy. the problem with them is they like to hide unless they "smell" food. you'll see just a leg or two sticking out of the live rock. you can hand them meaty foods though. i always liked that about them. they will eat whatever you hand them. fish, chopped clam...

I have a pair of stainless steel 12" tweezer that I use to feed mine on occasion. They don't require hand feeding, but its fun now and then :)

i use my hands and literally hand them a piece of food. if they aren't' getting anything to eat, you will have to feed them or they will die.

I usually see the serpents arms grabbing whenever I feed, so far so good, had it for over a year, I get more worried about the Chocolate Chip Star not eating enough, but its been around for just as long.

Back
Top Bottom