Anemone question - Good beginner anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was intrested in getting an anemone fir my two clowns. I have a few questions before I try this.

Are there any good for beginers
Do they neeed to be feed
What maintance do they need
What kind of lighting do they need

To be honest you really dont have to have one. They will host other corals and equipment also. They need to be in a very stable tank that is at least a yr old IMO. Good starting anenomes are IMO bubble tip anenomes. You`ll probably need at least T5HO lighting. They dont need to be fed as your clowns will bring them pieces of food. Just hope they dont get their feeding by stinging one of your fish and devouring it.

The clowns are the host. The coral or anenome are the living area. What difference does it make. We all know what is meant.

I might have a chance to get a pink tipped anenome on cl just trying to see if I could handle it. What would be the going price for this any ideas?

melosu58 said:
To be honest you really dont have to have one. They will host other corals and equipment also. They need to be in a very stable tank that is at least a yr old IMO. Good starting anenomes are IMO bubble tip anenomes. You`ll probably need at least T5HO lighting. They dont need to be fed as your clowns will bring them pieces of food. Just hope they dont get their feeding by stinging one of your fish and devouring it.

You know you dont need them I just really think its neet how the clowns use them. Not sure what to do might just have to wait

Last edited by a moderator:
All off topic post were removed. Let`s help the OP out by posting helpful information.

Any other suggestions for a newbie. Do the have to be placed on a rock or can they sit on the sand? Also will they move to a place there happy in a tank.

it will move all over the tank trying to find a favorite spot. it will have no regard for any corals you have so be prepared to move some thing around.

Back
Top Bottom