Anemone split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calqless

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday whike at work ny RBTA split. I feed my fish and just left it alone. Both halves (?) Are in between 2 rocks all but out
of the light. Is this normal?? My tank is 18mo old the RBTA is about 6mo old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you tell us more about your system, like the size of the tank, lighting over it, current parameters, any recent changes...so on?
Normally, I don't ever see an anemone splitting as a good thing. It occurs, but most likely in our closed systems something has stressed it enough to feel like it needs to 'save its bloodline' and splits to double the chances of survival. They key is to figure out what the stress is.

Its a 65g with a 10g sump. I have 2 155w leds with 100%blue and 50% others. ..i put a new rock in with 2 small zoa colonies maybe a week ago...i haven't look at water parameters yet ( i only test bi weekly). I did a pwc maybe 2 weeks ago.

I cant see any bleaching yet... thr clowns are still playing around in it.

Ammonia. 0
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate. 0
Ph. 8.2
Kh. 8
Calc. 380
Phosphate. .2.

I also had to pull my dual gfo and carbon reactor to clean and ran out of gfo...thats being taken care of

I happened after i took it out, i just got it back in today.

The sudden spike from stopping the reactor could have done it...but those parameters don't look that bad...outside of the phosphates. Sounds like you have a free anemone then. Keep the water pristine and stable and things will be just fine.

Even tho they are both "hidden" between 2 rocks and barely get any light?

Back
Top Bottom