ANEMONES URGENT!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrotesqueHybrid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i bought two anemones a while back, as a result my nitrates went up to about 20 for no reason. anyway one of the anemones keeps withdrawing and its tentacles become deflated periodiccly. i noticed this about 5 minutes ago. according to my grandmother this has happened before and it had acctually grown when it came out from its withdrawl. only one of my anemones does this, the other one doesnt do it? is this ok? whats wrong with it? they are haiten bubble tip.

Anemones can and will cycle from time to time, it is nothing to worry about, how often it happens will depend soley on the individual anemone. This is not to say that there isn't anything wrong with yours, but we do not have enough info to know whether there is or there isn't. Please tell us more about your system.

everything in the tank (chemical-wise) is fine exept for the nitrates, which went up after i put the anemones in. i have no other inverts. i have clownfish and tangs in the tank.......evetything is normal, but that anemone is all wierd its done wit twice in about a week. i have fed it twice in that weeks time. as i mentioned my other anemone does not do this. THIS specific anemone was more brown in color than the other one but ive read that haitens vary from white to brown-ish

Back
Top Bottom