anenome hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so I tried to take my BT back to my LFS...they would not take it. Only decided to do this because I am thinking it is too much for my tank...anyway now he is hiding in a cave. Fed him a little shrimp yesterday.... ....should I move him or let him be...

I think it would be a mistake to try to move him. He will reach for the light in due time.

You're kind of stuck - moving him is bad, but your lighting isn't up to snuff anyway even if he did come out.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/anenome-on-the-move-132526.html

Anemones aren't the smartest critters in the ocean. When they get stressed, instead of trying to find what they need (more light) many times they'll crawl into a corner and pout.

Seems to me that your choices are either upgrade your lighting, give the anemone to someplace that has a better setup (the LFS wouldn't even take it back with no credit?), or let it die in your tank. Sorry that there isn't an easy answer...

I am going to upgrade. I am not very handy so I am looking into one that is easy to install...any ideas?

I'm not that familiar with the nano tanks, but the site that Pat mentioned in that other thread (nanotuners.com) has some good plug-n-play option, it seems. One issue with lots of light on these nano tanks is the amount of heat that gets trapped... tends to heat up the tank a lot. If you really really want an anemone, then upgrading the lighting is really the only thing to do. But just be aware that this might not be the last upgrade in order to keep an anemone. A chiller might be your next move, in order to keep the tank cool. You might want to check around and see if others have had to go this route when they upgrade.

C-4, My tank was hitting 85 degrees on a cool day in th summer. I did the extra fans, lots of evaperation. I was doing 5-6 gallons a week on water lost to that. I was filling it up with RO/DI water but it was a job that made me a slave to my tank. I put in an ATO and that helped alot. I could only be away from my tank no more then 3 days. I waited for and off season sale and got a AquaEuroUsa chiller and had it shipped to me for a price that was just unter $ 350. I now fill my ATO every two weeks and the chiller keeps my tank at a constant 81 degrees. My fish are happy, my Zoas love it too!

We have parrots and use a evaporated cooler most of the summer, we keep our house very cool and humid, this seems to do the trick for the temp....so far...still looking into a upgrade though

I have a military MaCaw named Czara. What kind of parrots do you have?

2 greys, sparky and Simon. A patagonian, named roxcie and a blue and gold named Gerri. That is my first hobby. Love those darn birds. I also have 5 cats. When feeding time fit the tank comes up needless to say they go crazy.  I do not wander far from home. Love my animals 2 dogs also.

That's my first love. My Macaw is 31 years old and I have had her since...well, since egg. LOL She is my first love. I also spend my time raising orchids.

hmm I have a friend at work that also grows orchids...very beautiful. Parrots for me are like potatoe chips you cannot have just one. I marvel everyday on how my 12 nano changes...you never know what it is going to look like...by the way had to cut back on the potatoe chips...

Back
Top Bottom