Another Feeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usmcmarc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So far the tank has been doing well. I have a Maroon Clown, A Flame Angel and a Firefish Goby. What I have been feeding them is Formula 1 and Formula 2 pellets. Formula 1 daily, and Formula 2 maybe 2-3 times a week.

My conundrum:

When I drop the food in, the clown and angel go right for the pellets, no problem.

The Goby looks like he's interested. He seems to swim towards them as they fall but never makes the commitment to eat one and then ignores them after they hit the bottom. I cant tell if he's just too slow to catch them or what. Have I missed anything on the care of these fish? I was under the impression they were pretty easy.

Try brine shrimp (live or frozen) and/or mysis shrimp. I've had better luck with frozen and live foods. Chopped crab or lobster is also good...just make sure it's really fine.

Firefish can be picky eaters at first,. especially at a active feeding. May wanna soak come in Garlic to entice him, or try the brine shrimp, see if he likes those.

The Formula 1 and 2 say they contain garlic. So I need to soak in more? BTW, How do I do that? Garlic oil or just soak cloves in water with the food?

I have found different fish lie to eat at different levels of the tank. My firefish stays toward the lower bottom. I mix brine and mysis, soaked in garlic guars, zoe and selcon and he eats like a pig.

I forget the company, I will find it, but they make Garlic Extreme and it comes with a dropper so you can put it where ever you want it!

Sorry, I meant garlic guard. I got mine from drsfosterandsmith.com. As usual, my typing is a little off. I think the pellets would turn to much if you soaked them. I only use it on my frozen food. I don't feed pellets or flakes. I found with my flow, the brine and mysis float around enough that the fish get most of them, including the top/middle/bottom dwellers. I also use the gel based frozen (soaked) for my inverts, like my pistol shrimp.

WOW!! What a difference. I soaked a little FD Brine, Plankton & Krill along with some frozen Mysis in Zoe, Selcon and Garlic Extreme. Put it in the tank and EVERY critter went wild!! They ate it all up.

The only thing they dont seem to go for is the krill. But, I have african butterflies in my FW tank that love it, so I'll give it to them

Back
Top Bottom