Another moonlight question but a little different setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like they'll work as well as any other blue led. You can make them yourself for about $10-12.

eeek! way over priced if you ask me. do like Indy said and go 100% DIY, or do like me and get a 'brick' of 3 LED's from www.xoxide.com , which aims the 3 LED's in the brick like this: / | \ (center points down, the ones on either side are 45 degree angles from the center light). I put 2 bricks in my 40gallon, and it's perfect.

Besides, they'll burn in a little and eventually you won't have a spotlight effect (which isn't the point of them in the first place) so being able to point them at a specific area will be a moot point...so why spend 2-3x as much $$ ?

I've got a box of old electronic parts out in the garage including dc transformers of varying voltages. Dug through it for a bit, did the math and picked up a pack of resistors to drop the voltage down. I think I spent a total of $3 to put lights on my tank. I'm sure most folks have a couple floating around the house to broken toys etc. that can save you a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom