Another one of those Help-Me-Stock posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Everything I have (I think) is listed in my sig. I've been having trouble finding a moderately sized fish that won't cause problems with what I have (and want to have eventually).
Things I've considered:
Coral Beauty - risk of picking at corals
Any of the Butterfly variety - again, risk of picking at corals

Corals are higher priority than fish for me... but I'd like a colorful, decent sized fish to add. Any ideas?

Thanks

african midas blennie, banggai or pajama cardinal, six line wrasse, any of the gobies, anthias

Well I'm looking for something more along the size of my Yellow Tang so the gobies are out. I'll look up the others. Thanks!

Banggai Cardinal seems like a good possibility.

Six-line wrasse - "May attack smaller tankmates and is best kept with larger or more aggressive fishes. May shred fins and remove scales while harassing smaller fish with it's large canine teeth." - That worries me.

Many of the wrasses look cool so maybe I can find one that's more peaceful.

Anthias - Oooh, I like a lot of these and they apparently are very peaceful. I'll be on the lookout for these at my LFS.

Thanks again.

Assuming your tank has been up awhile and you have a good pods population Mandarin dragonettes are neat. You have the LR to support one.

Sorry I missed that. :oops: I even looked. :roll:

Instead of one medium-large fish have you ever considered a small school of green chromis. They hang out toward the upper third of the tank and no one really bothers them and they do not bother anyone else. 3-5 would look great in your 90g. I love mine and am planning to build up my school back up to 5.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=115

Just a thought,

Oh, I double checked and do not see them in your sig. :wink:

For some reason I've always associated chromis with damsels (being mean little devils). An active school of fish would definitely add something different to my tank. Thanks for the idea.

Oh, maybe that was because they *are* damsels. :oops: Apparently they are the most peaceful kind. I read in one description that them swimming in the open water encourages other, more shy, fish to swim in the open.

NOT TO THREADJACK ....

I had posted a question about Chromis in the Fish Only section and really no one responded. I want to add some Chromis to my 29gal. and right now all I have is a 1" Perc. Clown ... I'm wondering how many Chromis I can add to my tank without overloading! I'm hoping 3 at least 5 at most!!

I also think the Chromis would make a great addition to your tank as well!

Thanks
Jermz

They do best in odd numbers for schooling. I would not go any more than 3 and then be done with fish as I think you would be stocked for a 29g. Even 1 or 2 would be nice as you do not have a whole lot of room in a 29 for them to school anyway. Then you could possibly do something else later.

HTH,

Thanks!!!

Now back to our regular scheduled prgramming!!!

Sorry GatorFreak!!! :cry:

OH YEAH ... ps ------ GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!

afilter said:
Jermz79,

Did you lose your CB?

Yeah about a week ago ... don't worry I'm not adding anything for a while! I don't know what happened :( :? I came home and he was on the bottom and had 5 hermits munching on him! The day before he was swimming and eating and looking generally happy!! Not only the CB but my little yellow clown goby was stuck to the intake of my powerhead (he had rough times from the start though)!

OK, sorry about the loss.

I would check out the water parameters good then and wait a week or two. When you do get some more fish make sure you QT if you have the ability, otherwise at a minimum do a long drip acclimation.

One thing about chrois is they are very hardy in general.

yeah I'm going to wait a while ... I've done one PWC and getting ready to do another today! In the meantime I've been watching parameters and everything is excellent. I know the Yellow Clown had a traumatic experience with an ISOPOD before I transfered him into my 29gal.

Thanks
Jermz

Sorry GatorFreak .... GO NOLES!

Back
Top Bottom