Another percula clownfish attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tigger

Aquarium Advice Regular
Another percula clownfish was attacked. One of his fins looks tattered. I'm not for sure which tankmate attacked the clownfish. We did have three clownfish, but another one was killed. On another one of my posts, someone commented that clarkii clownfish are boisterous. Do you think we should take the clarkii back to the LFS? I don't want a hunter killing my fishy friends.

Thanks,

Natalie

Considering the amount of fish in your 55 gal it is possibley any of them but mixing clown species in such a small tank is inviting this kind of behavour. I am suprised the aggression is on such a low scale although the first death may or may not have been due to aggression.

Removing the clarkii would be the best option...

Cheers
Steve

Been there done that... my klarki wouldn't like my percula out of his tiny little corner... poor little guy was half his size. No problem.. I took the bully back.. ;)

We took the clarkii back to petco... no refund or store credit. But they did allow us to "donate" him back. He was tough to catch!!! Hopefully, now we have will have nothing but peace & tranquility. :D

Back
Top Bottom