Another power head?? How big??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think i need to add another PH to my tank for better movement. I currently have a 30 gal with LR and LS. I have a fluval 204 and a cpr bak pak moving the water around. I should probably get another PH huh? I can put one on the opposite side of the tank pointing in the direction of the fluval, right? Is having the currents cris crossing ok? Also...what size PH should i get? I was thinking of getting a maxi jet....but i would like to get the smallest one i can. Also, i am starting to get some coralline growing on my rocks....will blowing the water over the rocks help with its growth??? Thanks for any help!

try a maxijet 900. i think its about 230-ish GPH. That would put you up to your minimal circulation. As far as placement, it depends on how you are set up. If you have high-waterflow-dependant critters, then get them some circulation. Otherwise just try to get a good flow that minimizes "dead spots." Also, blowing PHs over rocks is supposed to help to spread the coralline, from what I've read. HTH. Good Luck.

cris-crossing the flow is certainly acceptable. Some folks prefer a more turbulant water flow than straight circulation.

I think it depends partly on the critters in your tank and personal opinion. THe only thing i think everyone would agree on is no dead spots :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom