Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Another power head?? How big??

I think i need to add another PH to my tank for better movement. I currently have a 30 gal with LR and LS. I have a fluval 204 and a cpr bak pak moving the water around. I should probably get another PH huh? I can put one on the opposite side of the tank pointing in the direction of the fluval, right? Is having the currents cris crossing ok? Also...what size PH should i get? I was thinking of getting a maxi jet....but i would like to get the smallest one i can. Also, i am starting to get some coralline growing on my rocks....will blowing the water over the rocks help with its growth??? Thanks for any help!

two11devan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
try a maxijet 900. i think its about 230-ish GPH. That would put you up to your minimal circulation. As far as placement, it depends on how you are set up. If you have high-waterflow-dependant critters, then get them some circulation. Otherwise just try to get a good flow that minimizes "dead spots." Also, blowing PHs over rocks is supposed to help to spread the coralline, from what I've read. HTH. Good Luck.

kidafius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
cris-crossing the flow is certainly acceptable. Some folks prefer a more turbulant water flow than straight circulation.

I think it depends partly on the critters in your tank and personal opinion. THe only thing i think everyone would agree on is no dead spots )
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

power head

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com