Another R/O Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJCRIC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone heard of Aqua-Safe Systems Ltd. I guess they are based out of Canada and they had some great deals on R/O units. But I just want to make sure that they are a good unit and company. If no one has heard of them then what are some good units to use. Thanks

I have not heard of them and a web search did turn up a few online retailers selling their products. I saw one that had a 3 stage for $176 from aqua-safe.

In my view thats not that good of a price. Our sponsor for this months membership drive is Aquarium Water Systems and they have some nice units at nice prices. There is a coupon code in the classifieds forum that will give you 10% off an order over $50. Add that to the 10% off sale this month and you get 20% off their online prices.

Thanks I will check into the Aquarium systems. The Aqua-safe is a 75GPD for $89.00 on ebay. check it out if you can and let me know what you think.

The following concerns me

A 75 GPD is only a rating. The real production is around 1/2 that. It depends on water temperature, psi and the amount of junk in the water.

While I agree that the GPD is only a rating i would think you should get on average more than simply 1/2 of the rating.

I have a 100GPD unit and it sure fills my 30 gal trashcan in less than 1/2 a day. In fact it fills it more or less in about 9 hours.

I recently bought an aquasafe unit. Stephen Eddy did as well. He is exceptionally pleased with his, I cannot get mine working. I do not think it is the ro unit, I think it is a problem with either well pressure or a check valve. Havent had the time to work out the problem yet.

They guy that sells the unit will talk you through any problems you have if you want him to. I was fortunate enough to get my 75 gpd unit for 98.00 including shipping as no one else had bid on it. I didnt post the stuff here as I didnt want to offend the new sponsor :)

Back
Top Bottom