Another sump question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my 125g I am most likely running way too much flow but I tend to like it. Might not be the best idea with a refugium which i didn't take into account when i set up my sump. LOL

I tend to run high flow through mine as well but does to much flow not allow your sump to process all the water before going back to the dt?

I tend to run high flow through mine as well but does to much flow not allow your sump to process all the water before going back to the dt?

This all depends on whats in your sump.A fuge is for growing pods and other critters and should be a slower flow,A sump with a macro algae like chaeto does better in a high flow.

This all depends on whats in your sump.A fuge is for growing pods and other critters and should be a slower flow,A sump with a macro algae like chaeto does better in a high flow.
I have a fuge which now also houses my skimmer do to the lack of space I have It seems to me that the higher flow rate through it is across the top though

Yes I realized this I didnt have a skimmer when I first built mine so i didnt plan a in sump skimmer also the biggest tank I can fit under mine is a 29 gallon which doesnt allow alot of room either

Yes I realized this I didnt have a skimmer when I first built mine so i didnt plan a in sump skimmer also the biggest tank I can fit under mine is a 29 gallon which doesnt allow alot of room either

If you want a bit more scattered flow in the sump put a small powerhead in there to mix up the flow.

If you look in my profile there's a photo of a sump with low flow and it shows(the cloudy part) the water flowing over the fuge part of the sump

That is basically the same as mine except my skimmer had to go in the middle How many gph goes through it and what size display tank

Your skimmer is only processing what gph the pump hooked to it is pulling. If water misses it, don't worry, it's not going far. It will come back around promptly..lol.

Well maybe you can help me determine what is fueling my green hair algae My thoughts with the flow and making my skimmer more efficient was to help I have a reef octopus nw 150 I have tried everything I have read so far I use ro/di water, I have alot of flow in my tank 2 1300 gph wavemakers plus my return pump, I do weekly water changes of at least 10% My lights are on 6 hours a day My phosphates test 0 but that is because the gha is using them up The only thing I have done that has actually helped any is vodka dosing but all it seems to do is slow the growth and I know this is not right cause im not eliminating the source of the fuel I am lost on where to go next

I feed once a day a small pinch and then about every 3 days I feed my sun coral and put a piece of seaweed in for my tangs

Maybe it's too much. I feed a tank i've been maintaining 2 times a week. I've been doing this for a long time now and the fish are fat.
have you checked the T.D.S. of your R.O.D.I. water recently? When the filters need changing, they get less efficient.

Back
Top Bottom