another water circulation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bapieniazek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, my 55 gallon tank just finished it's cycle (thank goodness). I am currently running an eheim ecco 2236 canister filter (up to 80 gallons). But my friend who is parting his tank out, said that he would sell me his Euro-reef ES5-3 skimmer for 20 bucks. Obviously, I will be buying the skimmer .

MY question is... can I run both of these filters, or is this too much water flow? I just spent a lot of money on the canister, and would hate to see it go to waste.

thank you

Should not be a problem, especially if you can put a spray bar on the canister to diffuse the output, that should not be too much flow, what are you planning on keeping?

IMO it wont be too much flow. Save the canister to run GAC or purigen in it. LR and a skimmer is all you need.

agreed, that is all I run a canister for is some floss and carbon, LR and skimmer take care of the tough part, the canister just keeps your water crystal clear

I too doubt that will be too much flow. I have over 2000 gph flow in my 55 gal display, but I keep corals that like high flow. Keep in mind you want a minimum of 10-15 times per hour turnover on a reef to provide adequate aeration and water flow for corals. HTH

I too have a cannister and skimmer. Cannister to run Purigen & RowaPhos.

Back
Top Bottom