any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are those timers? either way its a pretty good deal but i didnt know 48" t5 bulbs came in 65 watts i thought they were max 54 watts

Ya that's what thought? And I guess those are built in timers on the back

i would email him to be sure of the wattage but its still a pretty good deal

I was thinking of soft corals I may get a few sps corals and my tank is 72 gallon

He emailed me back and said there 54 w not 65

oh nevermind i read 65watt and figured it was power compact, T5s are more then capable for softies. i wouldn't try to grow SPS though they won't last with that fixture

Ok thxs again I wasn't really planning on Sps anyways I asked him what the brand was and he's not sure anyone make out the brand of fixture?

looks like a sundial T5, they are rather expensive fixtures too so thats a good deal and you should grab it up before its to late.

i also take back my SPS wouldn't last, they should be fine in the mid to top of the tank, just use good quality bulbs cuz the standard current USA bulbs aren't that good

Last edited:
what tank are you thinking of putting that fixture over? i'm not sure 150 dollars is a good deal if you have to replace lamps that's gonna be another 80-100 dollars for decent lamps. now the fixture is 250, and we don't even know how old it is.
i would not keep sps under 4 x 54 unless the tank was about 12" deep.

Back
Top Bottom