Any Good Reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuvibo1

Aquarium Advice Activist
:roll: i am confuse on what is a easy to keep reef because i am starting another new tank, i have fail many time on reef and end up turning it into a fish only tank, so i want to get a pointer this time before i start.
i know i have to wait but do i have to wait longer for the tank to cycle in for reef than fish only tank? what is a good easy to keep reef that i could start learning and keeping them? how do i feed them? what kind of temp. are they fish safe? stuff like that would really help, any suggestion is greatly appreciated. :D i am just starting a 3 gallons tank just to try it out before i get something bigger. i want to get a feel of it first before i kill anything 8O

Well actually a reef tank needs stability. A 3 gal will be more difficult in this respect, and I wouldn't even recommend a fish in such a small tank, and any evaporation will cause the salinity to rise. So I think a 10 gallon should be the minimum here. You will need some good lighting I would recommend PC, and start with soft corals such as zoanthids, palys, mushrooms, xenia, green star polyps. Then you need to keep proper calcium levels, which weekly water changes should supply with no problem. I would suggest you get some more research done on reef tanks, and keeping corals.

You mentioned you tried reef before. It may help if you can identify what went wrong the other times before setting out again. As far as cycling, read the article in the articles section on the fishless method of cycling - this should answer most of your questions.

Back
Top Bottom