Any good saltfish advise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen some seahorse ones done that small... That's about it. I think it might have had a blenny in it too. That could have been a different one though

Thank you guys! I would be tankful if you reply more stuff that I need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anything you can do with 3 gallons fish wise IMO. Maybe some mushrooms but then there's the issue of where your heater, filtration, lighting, power head etc are all gonna go/fit.

What type of tank is it? Do you picks? Even if its 3 gallons now, add your sand and a piece of live rock and you already have water displacement.

I'd try and get at least a 5 gallon or maybe an 8 gallon.

What are your goals?

Honesty your very limited. I'd say a shrimp or two. I don't see any fish that would go into a 3 gallon. Some rock and mushrooms. It's gonna hard to keep salinity in check in such a small tank. In such a small tank there is very little room for error. Also just to add shrimp are extremely sensitive to salinity swings so be very careful if you the shrimp route.

Good luck.

Maybe neon gobies? Or barnacle blennies? But like what they said, you'll have to do way more maintenance to keep the parameters within reason than with bigger tanks.

You can check out my thread about my 2 gallon nano... A lot of people chimed in with a lot of helpful ideas.

You could do a sexy shrimp tank, I think they are pretty cool and would be happy with a small tank with some macro algae. It would need dedicated maintenance but the macro would help keep the water parameters good.

It looks like the shrimp are $10 on live aquaria, my LFS sells them for around $20. The macro algae isn't that much, the interesting looking stuff is a bit more and from what i have read if not properly maintained can go sexual and crash the tank. I'm sure a LFS would order some macro in for you but I haven't ever seen any at mine.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+2857+1135&pcatid=1135
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=490
These are the links to live aquaria.

If you do decide to do this the most important thing I could think of is to make sure the salinity of you new water for water changes matches the tank exactly. On such a small tank it could change the salinity pretty rapidly which can kill inverts. The other thing would be to research the proper maintenance for macros, I don't have any experience which them.

Back
Top Bottom