Any luck with Pygmy Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone with a reef had good luck with any Dwarf Angels? Specifically a Pygmy, Flameback, or Fireball. But any if you have. They are so pretty, but I don't want coral nippers, and I have a feeling that I better steer clear. But anyone had any good luck from one?

:hat:

I have kept both c. argi (cherub angel) and C. aurantonotus (Brazillian flameback) in a reeg with no problems whatsoever. I kept C. acanthops for a short period before it started eating my corals, Lemon Peels are notorious coral nippers (I learned the hard way) and every flame I've had has been a nipper.

I've got a flame angel that I've had for about 3 months now. I've also got a few frilly and polypy corals like flowerpot, anthelia, fox coral etc. So far so good, I still have my finger's crossed. 0X

Are your fingers crossed for your flowerpot or your angel??

j/k

;)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Well the fact that one might nip at corals is kind of more fish specific than anything else. At least thats my impression.

I have a coral beauty that I have had for at least 3 years now and AFAIK it has not taken to eating any corals I have.

I have a Cherub *and* a rather large and pugnacious Coral Beauty in the same tank for quite awhile.

They'll nip at each other, but never a coral or mushroom. I have seen the Cherub nip at feather dusters though.

Luckily both fish are exellent eaters, and generous, read* frequent small feedings, tends to keep them from misbehaving. My Coral Beauty is actually quite a pig and will basically devour anything that hits the water. I thought my S American chiclids were masters at begging....these guys are worse.

Back
Top Bottom