any one know anything about a toadstool mushroom coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got a toadstool coral. and when i got him in the tank he was fine but when the lights cam on this moring all the little hairs went away. now he jst looks smooth. is this normal for him to do that the first few days in a new tank? or is this a sign of him sick? if so what should i do?
thnaks

Give him a few days to acclimate to your tank. Where is his placement in the tank.They need lots of flow IME. I have one in my tank now if you want to check out the gallery.

ok cool. i moved te PH to blow on it kinda. and now it looks like its sheding some kinda skin of some sort. i read some where this could be bad for other corals but how do i clean it up and help him through this stage? also i bought my toadstool he was large. hes not small by far. he the largest coral in my tank. lol

I was asking about placement to make sure he was not at the top. That might be too much light at the top. Alot of times you have to light acclimate your corals too. As far as the sloughing just do a PWC.

ok cool. hes at the bottom of my tank. although hes about 4-5 inchs tall and even sitting on the bottom he comes up a 1/4 of the way . also how much flow would be too much? i have a 600 points right on him . though he seems to like it . he came out and looks alot better 80%

I have a 1100 pointed at the wall bouncing off to him. I forgot to add besides doing a PWC I would also run some GAC if possible for about a week.

i run a small pouch of GAC in my refuge right befor it enters the main tank. its always there. should i always keep one in there? i though u have to have the 3 forms of filtation. mech. chem. biological?

They are only good for about a week and then need to be changed. I only run LR and a skimmer and recently a refuge(last two yrs) for filtration.. I only run GAC if necessary.

If it`s fairly new I would leave it in for a few days till your leather stops sloughing. If it`s not new I would replace it with new for a week because of the leather. Then try if you want.

Just a side note...your toad is going to do this as it grows...every few weeks mine does the same thing and after a couple of days it opens back up bigger and more amazing then before!

Back
Top Bottom