Any opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are some bacteria in it but most of its probably dead, when you buy it you just rinse it a little and it will become live in a month or so.

Some sites sell live sand from the ocean, but it is usually more expensive than if you just buy aragonite from the store.

if they aren't sending it to you in a heated/cooled container with water in it, i wouldn't consider it much different than the dry sand.

Idk if they do or not, but I would imagine it would be at least wet. But live sand is honestly not as important as live rock is, so i would only buy live sand if i liked the way it looked.

Thats the only reason I got live sand one time. I wanted the pink sand. LOL I didnt wash it or anything though, just in case there was some life to it. But I didnt' notice any difference between the live ssand and the pool filter sand I used in another build.

Bacteria are more hardy then you give them credit for. When conditions go bad they become dormant...then when conditions are good again, they start to grow and reproduce. Some live sand actually have the packets of bacteria inside the bag of sand.

Back
Top Bottom