Any reason to wait on getting a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello.

I will be purchasing another 20 lbs of Live Rock in about 2 months. Any Reason to wait off on getting a Royal Gramma? My structure is good now (see gallery) but I am not sure its good enough for the Gramma. will he be fine in my tank with my current aqua scaping comfiguration? or should I wait till I can create even more little caves and crannies? I hear they like caves.

I already have a decent sized cave that I think he would enjoy, but he would have to share it with a CBS and a Purple firefish. (the firefish lives in a hole in the live rock which forms the cave.

-Matt

Based on what mine is doing (bearing in mind that he's been in QT the whole 2w I've had him) I would wait. The base rock in the QT has these great big holes in it and the gramma sits inside one of the holes. He's there more often than not. I would want to make sure that you had a nice hole/cave for him before you get him.

My gramma has an area that he guards but I did not make a special cave for him. He swims with all my other fish on occasion as well.

It might be best to wait to add a fish until your planning on not making changes to the tank though. Probably would not matter though. Are you planning on QT'ing the fish?

You could get the fish and QT him while adding the LR to the tank. Everything should be settled by the time the QT period is over.

how hearty are they? are they sensitive to a small amonia swing that might happen when adding Cured live rock?

Back
Top Bottom