Any suggestions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdrake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had the tank setup for about 4 weeks now. I used cured LR from the lfs. 2 clowns were put in the tank 2 weeks ago. I have tested the water regularly since setting up the tank.

I put a protein skimmer in the sump 5 days ago. It is now starting to skim a little.

I tested the water today and my levels were a little elevated Nitrite( a little under .25), Ammonia levels (.25) and nitrate (5.0). Also my PH was low at about 8.0. I was contemplating a WC of 20%. Could the Protein skimmer have anything to do with this.

Any advice would be appreciated

I agree it sounds like your tank is cycling. I would go ahead with the waterchange since you have fish in there.

Tested the nitrites again and were back to normal. This time I used water from the main tank versus water from the sump.

Any comments??

Sounds like your tank is still cycleing and a bit unstable. Since you have two clowns in there I would just do a water change. It may prolong your cycle but your fish will appreciate you for it.

Back
Top Bottom