Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

We've got a flame hawkfish in one of our marine tanks, and it has to be my favorite fish.. When we first got him, he wouldn't eat anything but frozen foods. Gradually, he began to accept flake, along with the other fish. He waits (impatiently) from his perch every morning and afternoon for his very favorite - mysis shrimp.

Old 11-27-2003, 02:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
Hmm.. well after much looking around and reading ALL of the fish only posts I am now deciding between a puffer (valentini or helmet cowfish) or an eel (snowflake). Based on the above conditions.. what do you think would be more fun to have? My reasons for wanting a puffer is that they aren't afraid of much, love their personalities, and I could put in sand shifting gobies or something to help with the sand bed movement. I like th eel because they are really cool looking, I supposedly could put in a sum of shrimps if I need to go for a few days and can't get anyone to feed it (wondering if I could do that with the puffer... would make it more wildlife like where he would have to hunt for them in the live rock). Thanks everyone for reading!

Old 11-28-2003, 03:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

All three are good options. You need to becareful with the eel. They are master escape artist from what I have read, so you need a secure tank lid of sorts.

The cowfish will reside mostly at the top of the tank. The puffer will explore all the tank, so that might be something to keep in mind.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
well hopefully my LFS (which is pretty decent saltwater only shop) will have soemthing to my liking puffer-wise. Can't really think what else would go into my tank set up. What do puffers like in general in their envronment? I have 2.8 watts of PC light, and will be putting in LR soon

Tags
suggestions, tall, tall tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com