Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Anyproblems with this rock?

Ive been considering SW for a couple years now and finally taking the plunge. I picked up ~60lbs of random base rock about a year ok from someone that had it leftover from an old SW setup. No clue how long it has been out of water. I let it soak for the past 2 days in a 50:50 vinegar and water bath to kill off all the old crap as a precaution.

Here is a pic after i scrubbed it all down with a toothbrush and rinsed well. Probably a dumb question but does anyone see any issues with using it? I wont be using all 60 lbs as setup with probably be 28-40 gallons.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not really. Use the more pores pieces for the BB to colonize on. Also watch for phosphates in the rock.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
Not really. Use the more pores pieces for the BB to colonize on. Also watch for phosphates in the rock.
Will do. I couldn't pass it up for $20.

Tags
problem, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com