Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
anyway to change the inline on an ro/di

hey, is there way to change the inline on an ro/di unit? ive had to buy a faucet adapter for it, and the hose is too small to fit it. im really tired of lugging water. there has to be a way that i can at least ghetto rig it to work.

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Tex
Aquarium Advice Freak

I can't tell exactly what the second picture is. And, what do you mean by changing the "inline"?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

The second pic is an adapter on the end of the spicket on the kitchen faucet. Instead of piping it directly into the water pipes it attaches to the end of the kitchen faucet for it water source. Very ingenious! I would not change a thing! Thats just my opinion...

WAIT! *snicker* IS THAT A BEER BOTTLE?! lol I know who my new best friend is for water and for drink!

:- )
Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

the tubing that came with the ro/di doesnt fit the adapter. i would like to know if there is a way to change the inline (where the water goes in the unit) and the tubing so i can use the adapter. top pic is the inline and the bottom is the adapter. anyone know how to do this? or have any ideas??

oh, and come on over, water and beer for everyone!! lol.

hope dies last
Old 09-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well, for those who may have the same problem, this is how i ghetto rigged this. i cut some tubing from an old syphon and super glued it to the adapter and the ro/di unit tubing to connect the 2. worked like a charm, and now i can use my ro/di unit again! yay!

hope dies last

Tags
change, ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com