API Master Test Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there really a difference between the fresh and saltwater test kits? because I have a freshwater master test kit

It's not the chemicals it's the color chart. The colors are a bit different. But ammonia is still green and the nitrates are a little different in my opinion, a little more red...

It's not the chemicals it's the color chart. The colors are a bit different. But ammonia is still green and the nitrates are a little different in my opinion, a little more red...

So then I should get it? or is there a way for me to just get the chats like on line?

For the $20 bucks IU would just get the sw kit. You still have fresh water so you can use that for those tanks til you run out. That's what I'd do. SW is so precise it's nice to have a fresh new kit for testing with. :)

If you ever need to order just the cards, you can get them from API for about $2.

For what its worth, i recently found out the api bottles have a date code stamped on them, someone told me theyre good for 2 yrs after date.

Actually, they're good for longer than 2 years.

This is straight from API customer support:

Each reagent bottle has a Lot # printed on the bottle. The last four digits are the month and year of manufacture. Example: Lot # 28A0102. This is a pH reagent manufactured in January of 2002. Pond Care Wide Range pH, ammonia, High Range pH, Nitrate, phosphate, Copper, calcium and GH all last for three years. nitrite and KH will last for four years. Freshwater pH(low range) and Pond Care Salt Level will last for five years.

Back
Top Bottom