API Test Colorblindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also added a cap full of ammonia from Acehardware and my ammonia is 2 ppm. The lfs said he never heard of doing this with live rock the end of a cycle. Basically:

Did I do any harm by adding buffer for ph 8.2 and Alk 12 currently?

Is dosing toward the end of the cycle with lr to 2 ppm of ammonia sufficient?

I don't think you did any permanent harm to your tank dosing with buffer. But in the future wait until your cycle is complete to dose with any chemical...and only use it if you NEED to. Honestly, the LFS should have known better; but a sale is a sale i suppose.

I'd dose to 4ppm and if no ammonia or trites then you're good to go.

Ok I tested this am and here are the results:

Temp 77.7/81
Ph: 7.8 (after buffer added last night and ph of 8.2)
Ammonia: 1
Nitrite: 2
Nitrate: 80

I dosed Ammonia to 2 ppm last night around 8 pm about 16 hrs ago. I mixed salt water thinking I'd be ready to do a change in the next few days but I may have jumped the gun. :eek:(

Ok I was cycled thru and have done a total of 20 gallon water change and this is the result today. Does it still look like I have nitrites? Also my nitrates were a more pale orange yesterday. My plan was to add some snails today but now I'm afraid too. Help!

Attachments

• image-3566923814.jpg
    image-3566923814.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 55
Well since your name is love bugg and you said have a boyfriend im gonna go ahead and make the assumption you are female, and it is very unlikely for women to be colorblind, the only way it can happen is if your dad is colorblind and your mom has the recessive colorblind gene even then it's unlikely. So I'm gonna go ahead and guess if either of you are colorblind it is your boyfriend and you should just go with what you see lol

Oh and I'm colorblind so I have that problem sometimes haha

Back
Top Bottom