API water tester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookechooka89

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my tank results this morning. Nitrate I have to work on by substrate vacuuming and more partial water changes (just bought an RODI filter) so changes are going to be a lot easier and safer.

My question is should I hold my test tubes up at the light or hold the test tube against the results card?

image-422753539.jpg

Obviously light will make it look lighter and I could get a varied result.

Anyone have any suggestions to get ph between 8.1-8.3 without having to add buffers etc. I really don't like putting anything in my tank unless I reaaaally need to (emergency etc). My fish caught ich a while back and all I did was hypo-salinity (lost 2 out of the six) and unfortunately they were riddled but I think the less chemicals, the less stress, slow changes between temp and salinity levels (drastic, quick changes will obviously stress them) and constant change of fatty foods when they're sick and hope for the best. Maybe I was lucky with ich years ago, but I would still go for that option first.

Any feedback I would love x

I think the way to read them is in bright ambient light, held against a white background (like the card or a piece of paper).

As far as pH, what is it now?

8.2-8.4 pH is ideal for reef tanks, so that's good. My pH has a similar color and I read it as 8.2, but pictures don't usually have completely correct color.

Back
Top Bottom