Appropriate feeding schedule (clownfish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
My question seemed simple enough but so far after searching google for a while i haven't found a clear concise answer for this question: How many times should a clown fish eat in a day, furthermore how much ? i dont want to overfeed and cause my nitrates to spike. any and all help welcomed thankz

I feed mine once per day and only little bits at a time. If they finish I give just a bit more. If it's not eaten I net most out and let the CUC get the rest

once every 2 day works for me it might sound like evil but lol they will be fine how ever much they can eat in 2-3 minutes also

Mine eat every other day. My tomato clown recently died after 12+ years and he ate every other day.

Okay i have another question how do i get my clown's to actually take the food they seem a bit skeptical and inquisitive at best when i drop a small amount of food in they have not eaten anything by the way they have been in the tank for about 24hours now.

The key to feeding is to feed a variety. I feed mine flake, frozen mysis, frozen vitamin fortified brine. Idont feede but alot of folks also feed pellets. Variety is the key.

i bought O.S.I marine flakes im not sure maybe they just are not well adjusted enough. we will see in a few days ill keep you guys updated

when my clown didn't eat for a few days...my friend told me to try live brine shrimp...it worked
Now he eats anything (and everything - he is a food hog) I use a huge variety of foods...flake, frozen, pellets etc..and just for fun - very occasionally live brine...fun to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom