Aptasia.....HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a terrible terrible case of aptasia, they are everywhere. Would geting like 5 peppermint shrimp help? or possibly a copperband butterfly?

I bought 2 peppermints and mine dissappeared. Not sure how big your tank is but you do not need 5 unless you just want them. Boiling water works well also. I also have a copperband now but he was added after they were gone.

oops, 30 gallon tank. I would enjoy seeing a small army of shrimp walking around, I guess i'll give them a shot.

They seem to be really reclusive.
But there is plenty of night/no light time they can do their thing. And depending on what else is in the tank and how you're aquascaped you may see them enuf. 'Specially at feeding time. Sinking pellets.

Otherwise, heard of Joe's Juice. Some folks swear by it.

If you want to try to get rid of them and don't want to use animals.

Like Brenden pointed out, use Hot Water. I went in with a syringe full of hot water and just injected them with it. I did a pass over the tank once a day for about 4 days (looking for more each time). And this cured the problem right up.

Best Wishes!

Mark

I hear Joe's Juice works every time. I've never had a problem but I would have to say every time the topic comes up there will be at least one person who tells of their success with it.

I am sure joes juice works great, but if I can cure a problem with shrimp or hot water without adding chemicals etc. to my tank the water and shrimp will win each time. Also water is free and cost you nothing. I have used both and they both did the job for me.

Back
Top Bottom