Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Aptasia Reproduction

How do aptasia and/or glass anemones reproduce? The reason for my question is, I do not have any in my main tank but I have several in my refugium. So is there a threat of them making it past my return pump and into my main tank? If their offspring are tiny free floating organisms, then I would predict that they would soon be in my main tank. If they simply just split into two, then I don't see them making there.

Thanks in advance!

Jon Solo
JonSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Nuke em. All it takes is a little piece of one to make it to your main and that's it. They bud, but sometimes that little bus does float around until it finds a new home. That's how you can get them on your glass and equipment. Joe's juice.
Let's get a line wet!
got bait? is offline   Reply With Quote

aptasia, reproduction

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search